Friday, April 5, 2013

Wanna Build And Render A Heart Using Blender...

Watch is spin around in a beautiful oblivion....

I know you now have that song stuck in your head. You're welcome ;)

Something I've wanted to do for a long time now was create 3D models. Just sort of adding it to the laundry list of little niche skills I want to have.

This isn't really coming out of left field either: always wanting to push myself and try something new, I had a brief period there where I wanted to create special occasion cards (as I often do) with Magic Eye. So I went and found the program online that allows you to add the image to it, but you have to have a 3D image to start with. Reason #1.

A little while after that I got it in my head that I could create a cooler looking model for King of Tokyo than the card ones provided out of Sculpty. That was fine and dandy until I become more acquainted with 3D printing. So then I was totally down with that method, but you have to create a 3D model for the program to use. Reason #2.

Oh, and Carla wants to make some keychains :P Reason #3.

Off the hop, it looks like a beast of a program. Not difficult I'm sure if you know what you're doing, but I just sort of dove right in. Now I'm taking a step back and looking at some tutorials. I'll keep you posted ;)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment